This month, I would like to share a few photos I took a week ago in and around Lost Lagoon at Stanley Park in Vancouver. As the title suggests, many of our wintering birds (including a variety of ducks) are back for the season — not all of the birds featured below left the Greater Vancouver region, but many did, including the Lesser Scaups, Hooded Mergansers and Barrow’s Goldeneyes. I hope you are seeing some interesting winter birds in your part of the world!
Receive Posts via Email
Boreal Birds Need Half
Attn Canada BirdersWe're looking for bird bloggers from across Canada to join this multi-author blog. If you would like to spread the word on birds in your area by doing one post with photos each month, please email birdcanada at gmail.com
- Notes From a Northwestern Ontario Backyard – April 2017
- T.O. Backyard – Deck Birding
- Duck, Duck, Swan
- Alison’s Fishing Birds
- Notes From a North Western Ontario Backyard – March, 2017
- Postcard from Vancouver Island: birding around Victoria B.C.
- T.O. Backyard – Winter birds. Spring birds. And Owls… cuz we all love Owls.
- The Birds this Tree has Held
- Notes From a NW Ontario Backyard – February 2017
- T.O. BACKYARD – WINTER BLUES
- Birding By Province or Area
- Birding Resources
- Birds of Canada
- Blog Contributors
- Respect For Nature