There is a clear order of preference at my bird feeder. These pictures were taken in a two hour period during the storm on Saturday, in this order. Squirrels get first pick, followed by the black-billed magpie, blue jay, mourning doves, red-shafted flicker, house finches, red-breasted nuthatch and a busy little dark-eyed junco feeding down below, out of the crowd.
Receive Posts via Email
Boreal Birds Need Half
Attn Canada BirdersWe're looking for bird bloggers from across Canada to join this multi-author blog. If you would like to spread the word on birds in your area by doing one post with photos each month, please email birdcanada at gmail.com
- Billions of Birds, Thousands of Islands … & Extinction
- Fall Songbird Migration in Southern Alberta
- T.O. Backyard – Hot In The City
- Wild West Coast Birding!
- Who’s Making Babies Where?
- Endangered Burrowing Owls Given a Head Start
- Notes From a NW Ontario Backyard – August 2016
- Okanagan Birding – a quick postcard from BC
- T.O. Backyard – Splish Splash
- Ellis Bird Farm: Make your next birding trip A SURE THING!
- Birding By Province or Area
- Birding Resources
- Birds of Canada
- Blog Contributors
- Respect For Nature