There is a clear order of preference at my bird feeder. These pictures were taken in a two hour period during the storm on Saturday, in this order. Squirrels get first pick, followed by the black-billed magpie, blue jay, mourning doves, red-shafted flicker, house finches, red-breasted nuthatch and a busy little dark-eyed junco feeding down below, out of the crowd.
Receive Posts via Email
Boreal Birds Need Half
Attn Canada BirdersWe're looking for bird bloggers from across Canada to join this multi-author blog. If you would like to spread the word on birds in your area by doing one post with photos each month, please email birdcanada at gmail.com
- Notes From a NW Ontario Backyard – July 2016
- TO Backyard – Keeping Birds and Cats Safe
- Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park – Top 5 Birding Locations!
- The Gabriola Commons: habitat extraordinaire
- Notes From a NW Ontario Backyard – June 2016
- Birding Magee Marsh – a postcard from Ohio
- T.O. Backyard – Road Trip!
- When Birds Get Sick
- Notes From a NW Ontario Backyard – May 2016
- Battle at the Lek: Sharp-tailed Grouse on the Alberta prairie
- Birding By Province or Area
- Birding Resources
- Birds of Canada
- Blog Contributors
- Respect For Nature