There is a clear order of preference at my bird feeder. These pictures were taken in a two hour period during the storm on Saturday, in this order. Squirrels get first pick, followed by the black-billed magpie, blue jay, mourning doves, red-shafted flicker, house finches, red-breasted nuthatch and a busy little dark-eyed junco feeding down below, out of the crowd.
Attn Canada BirdersWe're looking for bird bloggers from across Canada to join this multi-author blog. If you would like to spread the word on birds in your area by doing one post with photos each month, please email birdcanada at gmail.com
- Seven Steller’s Jays and a Hungry Hawk
- First day of Autumn
- Birding the Alberta Grasslands – a photo essay
- Early Autumn on the Prairies
- What Hawk Is This? Or Is It a Hawk?
- September Birds on PEI
- A Visit from a Vulture
- First post from New Brunswick! Carolina Wren
- It’s still summer, but…
- Happy Summer Holidays – extended!
- Birding By Province or Area
- Birding Resources
- Birds of Canada
- Blog Contributors
- Respect For Nature