There is a clear order of preference at my bird feeder. These pictures were taken in a two hour period during the storm on Saturday, in this order. Squirrels get first pick, followed by the black-billed magpie, blue jay, mourning doves, red-shafted flicker, house finches, red-breasted nuthatch and a busy little dark-eyed junco feeding down below, out of the crowd.
Receive Posts via Email
Boreal Birds Need Half
Attn Canada BirdersWe're looking for bird bloggers from across Canada to join this multi-author blog. If you would like to spread the word on birds in your area by doing one post with photos each month, please email birdcanada at gmail.com
- Notes From a Northwestern Ontario Backyard – April 2017
- T.O. Backyard – Deck Birding
- Duck, Duck, Swan
- Alison’s Fishing Birds
- Notes From a North Western Ontario Backyard – March, 2017
- Postcard from Vancouver Island: birding around Victoria B.C.
- T.O. Backyard – Winter birds. Spring birds. And Owls… cuz we all love Owls.
- The Birds this Tree has Held
- Notes From a NW Ontario Backyard – February 2017
- T.O. BACKYARD – WINTER BLUES
- Birding By Province or Area
- Birding Resources
- Birds of Canada
- Blog Contributors
- Respect For Nature