There is a clear order of preference at my bird feeder. These pictures were taken in a two hour period during the storm on Saturday, in this order. Squirrels get first pick, followed by the black-billed magpie, blue jay, mourning doves, red-shafted flicker, house finches, red-breasted nuthatch and a busy little dark-eyed junco feeding down below, out of the crowd.
Receive Posts via Email
Attn Canada BirdersWe're looking for bird bloggers from across Canada to join this multi-author blog. If you would like to spread the word on birds in your area by doing one post with photos each month, please email birdcanada at gmail.com
- The Birds, the Bees, and a Drought
- July Notes From a Northwestern Ontario Backyard
- Birding and Camping…it must be summer!
- May & June
- The Tar Sands, a Forest, a Billion Birds
- Notes From a Northwestern Ontario Backyard
- Birding the west, east and south of Canada…and even a little further!
- How to Create a Wild Bird Garden Haven
- The Characters
- A Lovely Bouquet of Crows
- Birding By Province or Area
- Birding Resources
- Birds of Canada
- Blog Contributors
- Respect For Nature