Receive Posts via Email
Boreal Birds Need Half
Attn Canada BirdersWe're looking for bird bloggers from across Canada to join this multi-author blog. If you would like to spread the word on birds in your area by doing one post with photos each month, please email birdcanada at gmail.com
- Notes From a Northwestern Ontario Backyard – April 2017
- T.O. Backyard – Deck Birding
- Duck, Duck, Swan
- Alison’s Fishing Birds
- Notes From a North Western Ontario Backyard – March, 2017
- Postcard from Vancouver Island: birding around Victoria B.C.
- T.O. Backyard – Winter birds. Spring birds. And Owls… cuz we all love Owls.
- The Birds this Tree has Held
- Notes From a NW Ontario Backyard – February 2017
- T.O. BACKYARD – WINTER BLUES
- Birding By Province or Area
- Birding Resources
- Birds of Canada
- Blog Contributors
- Respect For Nature
Tag Archives: owls of canada
Calgary photographer Rob English takes outstanding bird photos, and has been kind enough to allow us to showcase them on Bird Canada.
A team of field researchers, including Calgary Zoo Director Dr. Jake Veasey, released 84 captive-bred burrowing owls into artificial burrows in the Kamloops/Merritt region of British Columbia in mid-April. The Calgary Zoo joined the burrowing owl project in 2004, and … Continue reading
Bird Studies Canada is entering its seventh season of Short-eared Owl monitoring in Ontario. North American and European researchers are working together to learn more about this poorly-understood species, which appears to be declining across its global range and is … Continue reading