Receive Posts via Email
Boreal Birds Need Half
Attn Canada BirdersWe're looking for bird bloggers from across Canada to join this multi-author blog. If you would like to spread the word on birds in your area by doing one post with photos each month, please email birdcanada at gmail.com
- Birds & Tailings Ponds – a deadly combination
- Notes From a NW Ontario Backyard – October 2016
- Shorebirds of southern Alberta – Fall 2016
- T.O. Backyard – Autumn… There Go the Birds
- Siege at Spruce Meadows!
- Billions of Birds, Thousands of Islands … & Extinction
- Fall Songbird Migration in Southern Alberta
- T.O. Backyard – Hot In The City
- Wild West Coast Birding!
- Who’s Making Babies Where?
- Birding By Province or Area
- Birding Resources
- Birds of Canada
- Blog Contributors
- Respect For Nature
Tag Archives: greater sage grouse in canada
Calgary, AB – One of Canada’s most critically endangered birds is one step closer to being saved from extinction. Eleven greater sage-grouse eggs, collected from the wild, have hatched successfully and are being reared at the Calgary Zoo, marking a … Continue reading
Guest Post by Ted Cheskey, Nature Canada Manager of Bird Conservation The Greater Sage-grouse is on the brink of extinction in Canada. This iconic prairie bird, known for its spectacular mating dance, will likely vanish if emergency measures are not put in … Continue reading