Attn Canada BirdersWe're looking for bird bloggers from across Canada to join this multi-author blog. If you would like to spread the word on birds in your area by doing one post with photos each month, please email birdcanada at gmail.com
- Those Incredible Cormorants
- Breeding Birds in the Boreal forest
- Summer Solstice Is Here!
- Happy summer holidays!
- Summer Birding around Vermilion, Alberta
- Bird Photo Booth Business Challenge in Toronto
- Sparrows, sparrows, everywhere . . .
- A few photos from the West coast
- Roll on, Spring! – a birding photo essay
- Get Involved Today with Canada’s IBA Program!
- Birding By Province or Area
- Birding Resources
- Birds of Canada
- Blog Contributors
- Respect For Nature
Tag Archives: common loon
One of the nice things about June is having a great variety of birds in and around the yard here in the Ottawa Valley. Having a birthday in June is icing on the cake! These shots were all taken within … Continue reading
Posted by Charlotte Wasylik, aka Prairie Birder, (I’m very excited to be writing for Bird Canada and will try to make sure I have a post for each month. Thank you again, Pat, for asking me to write for your … Continue reading
Common Loons have returned to Canadian lakes for another nesting season. Hundreds of volunteers for Bird Studies Canada’s Canadian Lakes Loon Survey are also returning to their lakes – to monitor Common Loons, and to educate lake users on loon … Continue reading
Can you name Canada’s National Bird? You may get a clue from our coins! Our national bird is the Common Loon, which also explains our loonies and toonies that the world loves to laugh about. And before you ask, no … Continue reading