Receive Posts via Email
Boreal Birds Need Half
Attn Canada BirdersWe're looking for bird bloggers from across Canada to join this multi-author blog. If you would like to spread the word on birds in your area by doing one post with photos each month, please email birdcanada at gmail.com
- Billions of Birds, Thousands of Islands … & Extinction
- Fall Songbird Migration in Southern Alberta
- T.O. Backyard – Hot In The City
- Wild West Coast Birding!
- Who’s Making Babies Where?
- Endangered Burrowing Owls Given a Head Start
- Notes From a NW Ontario Backyard – August 2016
- Okanagan Birding – a quick postcard from BC
- T.O. Backyard – Splish Splash
- Ellis Bird Farm: Make your next birding trip A SURE THING!
- Birding By Province or Area
- Birding Resources
- Birds of Canada
- Blog Contributors
- Respect For Nature
Tag Archives: common loon
One of the nice things about June is having a great variety of birds in and around the yard here in the Ottawa Valley. Having a birthday in June is icing on the cake! These shots were all taken within … Continue reading
Posted by Charlotte Wasylik, aka Prairie Birder, (I’m very excited to be writing for Bird Canada and will try to make sure I have a post for each month. Thank you again, Pat, for asking me to write for your … Continue reading
Common Loons have returned to Canadian lakes for another nesting season. Hundreds of volunteers for Bird Studies Canada’s Canadian Lakes Loon Survey are also returning to their lakes – to monitor Common Loons, and to educate lake users on loon … Continue reading
Can you name Canada’s National Bird? You may get a clue from our coins! Our national bird is the Common Loon, which also explains our loonies and toonies that the world loves to laugh about. And before you ask, no … Continue reading