Receive Posts via Email
Boreal Birds Need Half
Attn Canada BirdersWe're looking for bird bloggers from across Canada to join this multi-author blog. If you would like to spread the word on birds in your area by doing one post with photos each month, please email birdcanada at gmail.com
- Notes From a North Western Ontario Backyard – March, 2017
- Postcard from Vancouver Island: birding around Victoria B.C.
- T.O. Backyard – Winter birds. Spring birds. And Owls… cuz we all love Owls.
- The Birds this Tree has Held
- Notes From a NW Ontario Backyard – February 2017
- T.O. BACKYARD – WINTER BLUES
- Birding in Southeastern Ontario
- Notes From a Northwestern Ontario Backyard – Jan. 2017
- A Winter of Content – Birding Calgary Nov 2016 to Jan 2017
- T.O. Backyard – Screech Owls
- Birding By Province or Area
- Birding Resources
- Birds of Canada
- Blog Contributors
- Respect For Nature
Tag Archives: alberta birdwatching
Well there. Now that I’ve got a shorebird post out of the way I can go back to some interesting birds. Wait…did I say that out loud?
Last Saturday was International Migratory Bird day, so a few of us decided to mark the occasion with a Big Sit at the local bird sanctuary. For those of you not familiar with this concept, bird watchers sit in a … Continue reading
It’s so nice to have birding friends. Last Saturday, my husband and I were sitting at home wondering which direction to go looking for birds. Our March weather is extremely fickle, so we were gauging our chances of heading out … Continue reading
Birding the prairies in winter can be a tricky thing. You have to wait until the weather conditions are right – no ice on the roads, no blowing snow, no minus 30C temperatures – and you have to head out … Continue reading
I’m pretty sure I broke a new personal record for the number of pictures taken last weekend. After record high temperatures, a cool front pushed the smoke from forest fires in British Columbia across the Rocky Mountains. A haze covered … Continue reading