We received an email from Tom in New Minas, Nova Scotia, which is in woods just north of the Gaspereau River. He was out walking his dogs when this barred owl flew up into a tree beside him. The owl just sat there looking at him as he took the photo, and didn’t seem to have a care in the world.
Receive Posts via Email
Boreal Birds Need Half
Attn Canada BirdersWe're looking for bird bloggers from across Canada to join this multi-author blog. If you would like to spread the word on birds in your area by doing one post with photos each month, please email birdcanada at gmail.com
- Notes From a Northwestern Ontario Backyard – April 2017
- T.O. Backyard – Deck Birding
- Duck, Duck, Swan
- Alison’s Fishing Birds
- Notes From a North Western Ontario Backyard – March, 2017
- Postcard from Vancouver Island: birding around Victoria B.C.
- T.O. Backyard – Winter birds. Spring birds. And Owls… cuz we all love Owls.
- The Birds this Tree has Held
- Notes From a NW Ontario Backyard – February 2017
- T.O. BACKYARD – WINTER BLUES
- Birding By Province or Area
- Birding Resources
- Birds of Canada
- Blog Contributors
- Respect For Nature