Calgary photographer Rob English has the most amazing luck photographing small mammals. He got these shots last summer near the summit of Highwood Pass in the Canadian Rockies. He notes that he wasn’t the only one searching for pikas, but when the long-tailed weasel saw him it disappeared in the rocks and the pikas returned a short time later. And this is what he was looking for.
Receive Posts via Email
Boreal Birds Need Half
Attn Canada BirdersWe're looking for bird bloggers from across Canada to join this multi-author blog. If you would like to spread the word on birds in your area by doing one post with photos each month, please email birdcanada at gmail.com
- Alison’s Fishing Birds
- Notes From a North Western Ontario Backyard – March, 2017
- Postcard from Vancouver Island: birding around Victoria B.C.
- T.O. Backyard – Winter birds. Spring birds. And Owls… cuz we all love Owls.
- The Birds this Tree has Held
- Notes From a NW Ontario Backyard – February 2017
- T.O. BACKYARD – WINTER BLUES
- Birding in Southeastern Ontario
- Notes From a Northwestern Ontario Backyard – Jan. 2017
- A Winter of Content – Birding Calgary Nov 2016 to Jan 2017
- Birding By Province or Area
- Birding Resources
- Birds of Canada
- Blog Contributors
- Respect For Nature